Picking the Right Florist
Florists play a crucial role when it comes to making any occasion a success. They are the ones responsible for helping celebrants choose the perfect blooms that would complement the occasion that is about to take place. They also give advice and valuable suggestions should someone get caught in the midst of ‘floral limbo.'
There are a lot of people who resort to the services of professional florists most especially if the situation calls for it; most especially if it is a wedding celebration. Weddings really do take a substantial amount of time to prepare for. One has to think of people to invite; who should be included in the wedding entourage; what motif to choose; which caterer to hire; and which set of flowers to use to adorn the wedding venue and the wedding reception.
Perhaps, one of the most important aspects that one should tend to is picking the right florist for your wedding. Below are a few helpful steps to help ease the burdens of picking one:
1. Log online and indulge in a bit of ‘comparison shopping.’ This means that you are going to have to compare various wedding florists by reading user reviews and feedback. You may also feel free to browse through their various online samples to help you narrow down your options.
2. Interact with other brides or those who have recently tied the knot and ask them about their wedding florists and their experiences with their services. They can also give you referrals and recommend you to those whom they think would complement your personal taste. You could also ask them about their chosen florists’ styles, personality, and price range.
3. Apart from asking former brides, you may also ask other people who are involved in wedding arrangements such as caterers and photographers. They would surely be more than happy to give you their own referrals. Some of them are even part of wedding deals wherein they partner with certain people within the wedding industry and they work hand in hand in making your wedding dreams come true.
4. Attend bridal events or shows within your community. Lots of local florists are most likely to attend and set up their own kiosks at an event showcasing some of their best samples and package deals to entice soon-to-be brides to patronize their services. Be sure to get the contact details and official online sites of the florists of your choice once you have narrowed down your options.
5. You may also check out the yellow pages and classified ads. You will most likely find an online florist there.
6. It is also important to determine the time of the year you are going to get married to help your florist choose the types of flowers that are available during that particular date. It is a fact that a lot of beautiful flowers are seasonal, so make sure that your wedding date is in lieu with their availability.
7. Don’t be afraid to interview florists and find out if they have it in them to understand and mesh with your personal style.